Ananti has been practicing yoga for over 20 years, after completing an intensive and experiential training at the Swami Vivekanada Yoga Research Foundation in India. Ananti specialises in yoga for pregnancy and the post-natal year. Through her own experiences of motherhood, she fully understood the benefits of yoga for pregnancy, the birthing process and mothering. She loves to share this knowledge with other women. She uses simple posture work combined with breathing and body awareness to allow women to fully experience this magical process.
Ananti is also a Homeopath and Pharmacist with a keen interest in Vibrational Medicine. She has a good understanding of the Energy and Chakra model and incorporates this in her practice using Sound resonance, Chanting, Breathing and Movement to create flow in one’s energy body bringing about healing, a deeper sense of self- empowerment, well-being and contentment.
“Yoga has been a fundamental part of my life ever since my early twenties when I began to question and search on the deeper meaning of life and it has given me strength in all aspects of my life. However, I only realised and truly understood the benefits and most profound, deeper aspects of yoga practice during my two pregnancies’ and births. During this transformational phase of my life, through yoga I was able to be fully aware of my body, breath, mind and emotions. I could fully accept the changes and this helped me enjoy and feel content during my pregnancy. During the births I was completely in a flow with my body and breath. I breathed through each moment of “pain” and almost felt like I just breathed the babies out too! It was an experience of “Yoga”, Flow, and Oneness and complete Surrender to the rhythms of nature.
Yoga not only brings about body flexibility but also flexibility of mind and emotions. It teaches us how to remain present in body and mind in the most uncertain situations of life and to embrace every moment. My personal yoga practice, my yoga teachers, spiritual teachers and most importantly my children have helped me to touch this space of presence, stillness and contentment. To them I am most grateful.
My vision is to share this knowledge of this experiential study with others so that each of us can grow and discover deeper spaces of being.”
Yoga training and experience:
- Yoga Teacher Training Certificate – SV Yoga Research Foundation Trust 1995
- Pregnancy Yoga Course – Biomedical Resaerch foundation – with Francoise Barbira Freedman trained teacher
- Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Lolly Stirk and John Stirk – Scaravelli Yoga Teachers
- Yoga Teaching and Practice with Geetutpala (One Shakti Founder & Associate)
- Yoga Retreats with Manish Shah (One Shakti Founder & Associate)
- Yoga course with Laura – Scaravelli trained Yoga teacher
- Teacher on Yoga Gro Teacher training courses with Sarah Oakley and Elinor Evans
Homeopathy training and experience:
- Graduate Lakeland College of Homeopathy 2003
- Postgraduate training in Homeopathy, Integrative College of Homeopathy 2005
- Senior Pharmacist at The Former Royal London Homeopathic Hospital 1999 – 2011